Close your eyes and put yourself in a little kid’s shoes. You watch as an adult cautiously twists the lid off of a brightly colored bottle trying not to spill what is inside. You glance inside and see a clear liquid swishing around with a stick in it. When the stick is pulled out, you realize that it has a circle on the end of it, but it appears empty. As you begin to lose interest, they put it to their mouth and softly blow. Like magic, three-dimensional circles appear in the air. They dance and swirl around you. You can see right through them, but you can also see a tint of bright colors. When you finally touch one of the bubbles, it disappears!
The icon I chose to describe myself as well as my personality is a picture of bubbles. I chose this specific picture because I am constantly being told that I have an extremely bubbly personality. So I felt as if this image was quite fitting for me. When I was little I always loved when my mom would blow bubbles for my brother and I to chase around, and then pop. I can almost bet that everyone has a positive childhood memory that involves chasing bubbles.
At twenty years old I still love blowing and popping bubbles. I truly am a kid at heart, and I think that bubbles represent that as well. I am also a very simplistic person, I enjoy the simple things in life and bubbles are one of those simple pleasures that life has to offer. I feel like seeing a sea of bubble forces an instant smile on the face of everyone who comes in contact with them. I have also been told that I can light up a room. I believe that I am told this because I am always very energetic, and try my hardest to put a smile on everyone’s faces when I am around them. Everyone has to smile when they see bubbles because they provide you with a moment of simple happiness before they pop.
Breana -- this is a fun post, and you explain your choice nicely. Now: how can you incorporate some of what we've been learning in class about signs, symbols and meaning? Think of your posts as a way to show off what you are learning.
ReplyDelete